The XCEL team is our semi- competitive program designed for girls ages 6 and up and up with minimum one year of RG training. Girls in this class will have the opportunity to compete both locally and internationally (if they so choose) while being able to still have a more relaxed schedule to allow for other activities.
This class is a good fit for older girls new to Rhythmic who may wish to compete, as well as any JO gymnast looking to continue to compete, without the time commitment.
The Xcel program consists of Individual Levels A, B, C and D as well as a level neutral group floor and Level A, B and C group apparatus routine. Teacher, student and family together will discuss to decided the athlete's level placement.
- Athletes must have a current USA Gymnastics Introductory or Athlete Membership.
- Athletes must turn 6 by the end of the calendar year to be eligible for competition.
Read more about the Xcel program here: https://usagym.org/PDFs/Member%20Services/webinars/sept17.pdf
- MG provided gray tank tops (you will receive 1 with registration, any extras are $15 each)*
- Black shorts or tight fitting leggings*
- Half toe shoes (www.rhythmicgymnastics.com)*
- Team Jacket*
- Knee pads*
- Rope, Ball* (see us for gently used equipment or see our website)
- Any other apparatus you have a routine for: talk to your coach
- Hair up tight in a braid or bun. No loose hair allowed. See here Acceptable Hairstyles for Class
(*Required for class or competition)
Please no: skirts, street clothes, ballet shoes or loose clothing- girls spend a lot of time rolling on the ground and upside down, clothing should stay on easily without creating a distraction.
Other apparatus suggested:
- Theraband- medium to extra heavy
- Stretch band (www.westcoastrhythmics.com) or similar (can order through us as well)