Recreational classes are for girls ages 5.5 and up who have an interest in the sport but do not wish to compete. Athletes will work on flexibility, strength and coordination as well as mastering the five apparatus used in RG: ball, hoop, rope, clubs and ribbon. At a recreational level the focus in the class will be correct body technique, in skills and acrobatics all the while having fun and staying active.
Here at MG we value greatly the development of both mind and body so young girls can grow into confident and competent, self-sufficient adults. We expect all our students to be disciplined and respectful and to be teachable above all else.
MG coaches treasure giving their students the tools necessary to grow and learn in a loving and enthusiastic environment.
- MG provided white tank tops (you will receive 1 with registration, any extras are $15 each)*
- Black shorts or tight fitting leggings*
- White ankle socks or half gym shoes (www.rhythmicgymnastics.com or purchase from us!)*
- Suggested: knee pads
- Suggested: rope, ball, and/or hoop (see us for gently used equipment or see our website)
- Hair up tight in a braid or bun. No loose hair allowed. Read here Acceptable Hairstyles for Class
(*Required for class)
Please no: skirts, street clothes, ballet shoes or loose clothing- girls spend a lot of time rolling on the ground and upside down, clothing should stay on easily without creating a distraction.
Click here to register